Wednesday, May 27, 2009

No Time to Breath!

I have hardly had time to stop and breath since last Friday. I have been BEYOND busy! After being out of town for the weekend, I had to start summer school yesterday morning and then pretty much went straight to work after. I wish I had had one day between getting back in town and starting school because we had SO much stuff to put away and get this place in order. My summer school schedule includes two classes. Right now I am in 'History of the Vietnam War' and I go Monday-Thursday, from 9-12, for four weeks. Immediately after that I start 'Egyptian Mythology' and go Mondays and Wednesdays, 930-12, for eight weeks.

I have been so frazzled lately and it is really getting to me. I keep losing things and misplacing things, like my glasses, and it takes FOREVER to find them sometimes. Currently, my sunglasses are gone and I am convinced I won't find them since I have no clue where I had them last. Was it at home? Somewhere we went in the past two days? Who knows! I am mad because they were prescription and in order to replace them I need to have an eye exam and I am currently uninsured so I have no idea how much that would be and then there is the cost of the sunglasses/lenses to come up with. This summer is going to be tough if they don't turn up!

My professor for the Vietnam class, Chia Vang, has never taught summer school and it shows! She assigns SO much reading. Tonight I have 100+ pages to read for class tomorrow, eek! I do like her, so far, I just wish she would ease up on the reading assignments! She is very interested in the subject and it shows in how she approaches teaching the class. She is originally from Laos and her family fled to the United States as refugees in the seventies. Coincidently, she spent the past thirty years in St. Paul before moving to Milwaukee to teach!

Amelia is officially in size 2 Luvs diapers. What a big girl she is becoming!

Here are a few pictures of her when I went in to wake her up today:


She did not cry for us this morning, but rather she "talked" a LOT and we finally went in. I can just picture her there, staring at the ceiling with her hands behind her head, "talking", waiting for us to come in.



I have NO idea what she was doing here...but she did this "move" all morning, as she continued to "talk" up a storm.

And now for yet another funny face, for you, from Amelia:


I have now procrastinated enough on here. I have plenty of reading to keep me busy for a long while! I am willing to bet that I will not be able to finish it all by 9 a.m. tomorrow...oops and oh well at the same time :)

No comments: