Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

We had a pretty busy Memorial Day weekend this year! I worked on Friday and got home at midnight. We quickly packed up the car and I showered and we were on our way to Indiana at one a.m. We decided to leave then (vs Saturday morning) to beat all the Chicago and/or construction traffic. It was a great idea, we had NO delays in our travel (other than hungry tummies).

Saturday morning Amelia got her first experience with grass! Here is a picture of her, not so sure about a leaf:



Saturday we went to lunch with my dad's brother and his family.


Amelia with second cousins (I think) Monica and Melissa

After lunch we went to the nursing home and visited with my grandfather. We went outside to chat in a courtyard and Amelia was so tired and it was pretty humid out, so she got a little crabby. Her Nana was able to calm her down and she then napped on her blanket in the shade.


My mom and I were not really included in all of the conversation...they were talking about food the whole time!


After her nap, Amelia got some attention from Daddy in the grass:


The rest of Saturday was go, go, go and we were exhausted by the end of the day!

Sunday, my dad and Jason went to the Indianapolis 500. Thunderstorms were in the forecast, but they held off for the race luckily! They had a, well, you could say, an interesting day and made it home safely!

We found out Amelia can hold her own bottle! Well, only if it is almost empty... She always tries so hard to hold it and sometimes she can succeed!


Sunday, my mom and I went to Aunt Shirley's for a family gathering. I didn't really remember to take any pictures while we were there sadly. Amelia was a little stinker all day. There were other babies there and all we can figure is that she was upset not to be the center of attention ALL the time. We think this because as soon as you took her into a room to calm her down, she was all smiles and happy but then once you left that room it all started again! Stinker!

We did manage to get one picture of my mom, grandma, Amelia and myself before the party got underway:


Amelia needed a nap pretty badly and just wouldn't give in while there, so my mom got her to sleep and then had to hold her the entire time she napped. She was a happier baby (for a while) once she woke up:


After the party I met an old friend for dinner. We met in high school back home, working at Econo Foods, and she is now living in the town adjacent to where my grandma lives of all places! She also had a baby (a boy named Caleb) in February, thirteen days before I had Amelia. We had a great dinner and it was great to catch up with her! I also got to meet her husband! We are hoping to visit again when I am in town for the fourth. Once again, no pictures :( Amelia was asleep the whole time (shockingly) anyways.

After dinner it was time to pack everything up and get some sleep!

Here are a few other pictures from the weekend:






This weekend was long and tiring and full of events, good and bad. Now it is time to try and move past things, hopefully.

I start school in the morning. I pretty much forgot until about an hour ago that tomorrow was the start day, oops!

No comments: