Saturday, May 16, 2009

Jogging Stroller = Assembled

Yesterday morning we went to lunch at Twisted Fork on the East Side. My sister had given us a gift card for there because in my final hours of Amelia's delivery all I could think about was a peppercorn burger from Twisted Fork. As I was pushing her out it was all I could think of (I mean, I hadn't eaten in a day and a half, food in general sounded great) besides meeting our baby. Once I was in recovery I decided to eat hospital food at first because I was afraid to gorge myself on said burger. It was good yesterday, as always.

Before I left for work, Jason set to work assembling the jogging stroller. We were pleasantly suprised that it was fairly simple to assemble. It took him less than a half an hour. We were a little worried since REI typically does the assembly for you. I did point out that had we ordered it directly from Phil and Ted's, we would have had to assemble it ourselves anyways, so it should be easy (and it was). Here is a picture of him working on it (I took it because I liked the fact that all 3 cats were in the room with him. At this point they had given up "helping" and were just hanging around):


Before I left I put Amelia in the stroller and snapped a quick picture of her in her new ride:


What a big girl she is becoming!

While I was at work, Jason took her on a test drive in her stroller. He took a few pictures once they were outside and ready to go:


(yes, those are headphones hanging from the top. Jason likes to make sure Amelia has tunes when she is out and about. On this outing she listened to the Rolling Stones, Beggar's Banquet)


Poopy has already taken a strong liking to the new stroller, more than once we caught him in the basket (in fact, he was in it pretty much before it was even done being assembled):


We now have three, yes three, strollers in our stairwell. We have our regular stroller, a cat stroller and now the jogging stroller. When we come home from shopping trips it can get difficult to get everything upstairs with all the obstacles! Oh well. I'm glad we have the stairwell to store these things in, can you imagine all the strollers piled into our apartment? Eeek!

1 comment:

the misses of the blisses said...

YAY! Thats awesome! Just wait until you get a little $10 umbrella stroller! Then you'll have 4!!! You guys did better than me trying to assemble the stroller. I had lots of issues trying to get it figured out. Nait came home and was able to get it put together. I hope you enjoy it! Have you taken it out yet?