Thursday, December 24, 2009

Day 2 - Christmas Eve

Today we spent the day with my family. We got up early to check on the weather and this "blizzard" that is upon us. Around 8" fell in our area but the roads were in pretty good condition so we headed to Minneapolis to go to Macy's for their annual 8th floor holiday display. Our family has been going to the display every year since my sister was born. This year's theme was the same as last year's theme, 'A Day in the Life of an Elf'.

I was excited to go with Amelia for her first Christmas!


She was very interested in everything there was to look at:


She and I liked all the trees the best:


I think Amelia had a good time:


Amelia saw Santa at Macy's Santaland! She did so well! She was so curious about who he was and she just stared at him. This is her first official Santa photo:


(our scanner wasn't behaving at all, so this is a picture of a picture...that is why it looks funny!)

We walked around Macy's for a bit and then headed home. We stopped at Target on our way home and got Amelia a sled, so she could enjoy the "blizzard". Before she got into her snow gear, I tried to take a nice picture of her in her Christmas jumper:


Her first snow adventure confused her more than anything, I think. She just sat there, looking around:


She didn't seem to think sitting in the snow was much better:


We went inside for a bit and Kim, Amelia and I hung out by the Christmas tree:


That cat toy that she has in her hand is her favorite. We have one in Milwaukee as well. It had to be in the picture because whenever I took it from her she freaked out. Her two favorite toys ever happen to be cat toys. Is that strange?

Here she is playing in Shadow's "ball pit":


What can I say, she is just attracted to cat toys, cat toys of all types.

When it was time to feed the birds, Amelia joined the fun:


She also made her first snow angel, with some help:


See it?


Amelia reminded us of Ralphie's little brother when she was all bundled up:


We let Amelia open her presents this afternoon because she hadn't really napped and was getting upset. She had a lot to open:




See the cat toy? She always has it with her.

She didn't like opening presents very much. The noise of the wrapping paper crinkling scared her for some reason. She crawled to her daddy repeatedly:


After Amelia went to bed I tried to get a picture with Jason. It proved harder than I thought:


After dinner and presents Jason and I shoveled the driveway. After that we walked to the gas station to get some snacks for a movie. It was a fun walk in the snow:


We are watching Home Alone as I am writing this. Actually, it just ended and Kim is popping in Night at the Museum 2. I haven't seen the first, but I don't think it will matter!

I think Christmas is even better with a little one around! Today was great. I hope tomorrow is just as good.

No comments: