Sunday, December 06, 2009

Cooking

I have been cooking this weekend! I never cook, as many of you know. Since it is what Jason does for a living I figure I should leave it to him. Saturday I made a chicken and rice bake and it turned out pretty good. Jason liked coming home from work to dinner on the table and I liked being able to eat together before I had to leave for work. Saturday will probably become my day to cook. It will give me a chance to practice and it will also give us the chance to have another meal together each week.

Today I made enchiladas. Another mommy-blogger posted a recipe she uses for enchiladas and it sounded good and seemed fairly easy, so I tried it. They were tasty! We also had refried beans and spanish rice with it. My mom had expressed wanting the recipe, so I decided to just copy and paste it right from the source:

Beef Enchiladas

1 lb hamburger meat
1 small onion, chopped (you can leave this out if you want)
1 can of chopped black olives (I don't use these. Olives gag me)
1 can of Hormel Chili
1 can of enchilada sauce
1 bag of shredded cheddar cheese
6-8 flour tortillas

Brown the meat and saute the onions in with it. Once the meat browns, add in olives and about 1 cup of cheese until cheese is melted. Fill each tortilla with the meat mixture and roll up. Place in baking dish side by side. I usually use my 11x7 baking dish. Combine the chili and enchilada sauce in a bowl and pour on top. Top with remaining cheese. Bake covered with foil at 350 for 30-40 minutes.

*********************

Our day has consisted of this:


Jason has been watching football/sleeping most of the day. I am jealous! Given our late night last night, I am pretty tired too! The kitchen is in order again, so I am going to attempt some paper-writing as soon as I publish this!

Amelia is still playing with her stacking cups:


They are not Jason's favorite toy of hers! I like this one:


Her staring at him while he points at the cup at his feet :)

Hopefully everyone had a good weekend!

No comments: