Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Week Ends

My parents have been here for the past week and are leaving in the morning. Time has really flown by! I do not feel like they have been here that long at all, it only seems like a few days have gone by. We have been able to do a lot of things and also have spent some time just hanging around the house.

This afternoon we went to Downtown Books because I wanted to look for some Chinese history books to prepare for a graduate student colloquium this fall on the art and culture of the Chinese Bronze Age. I just recieved an e-mail from the professor saying that she will permit me to take the class (I am an undergrad, so I needed permission from the department and the professor to enroll in the course) and she suggested that I do some reading beforehand to prepare. I am doing this colloquium in place of an internship to, hopefully, graduate this December (keep your finger crossed!).

Downtown Books is great! It is two and a half floors of every genre you can think of! It is like a maze in there, you can literally get lost! Here are some pictures of Amelia's first visit to the neatest bookstore in Milwaukee:



Here a few other pictures from this afternoon:


Amelia reading with Grandpa:


Amelia checking e-mail/Facebook with Nana:


I don't have any pictures of Jason from today :( He had to go to work and we didn't take any pictures this morning!

Jason's sister (Liz) and her boyfriend (Kory) are coming this way tomorrow sometime, so we will also have visitors this weekend! I am not sure what we are going to do with them, but I do know that Jason and I are planning on going to the markets this Saturday and hopefully they will come too! That is at least one thing that we can do out of the house :)

No comments: