Saturday, June 20, 2009

Summer Heat

The summer heat is finally here. So far we have been having a rather cool summer (which I was loving) and the past few days it actually feels like summer here (vs spring). Last night, Jason installed our 2 window a/c units that his famly got for us. They are in the bedrooms, and those two rooms feel a LOT cooler than the rest of the house! Tonight I got a fan to put in the doorway of the spare bedroom to blow some cooler air into the living room. I decided to put it together myself...I managed, and it works, but there are a few parts leftover...so I am not sure that is a good thing. I guess Jason will have to look it over. The instructions were not the greatest and confused me.

With the summer heat comes adorable clothes for Amelia! Usually she is used to wearing onesie summer dresses, so it is all one piece. Today she wore an actual dress and she had a good time with it! She is not very lady-like, she kept lifting up her dress. At one point, every single time I put the camera up to take a picture of her she threw the dress up and "hid". Here are some pictures:




Amelia has not been herself the past couple of days. I think that it has to do with the heat. She has a smaller appetite and actually will take a nap! She doesn't have a fever or anything, so we don't think she is sick. She still tells stories all day, smiles and giggles :) She still has her attitude too:


This evening she was hungry and it showed! (the past few days she acts hungry, but then when you try and feed her she fights you the entire time. She pushes the bottle out of her mouth and then a second later tries to pull it back in. What a silly baby!) I had her in her Bumbo while I got her some dinner warmed up and she apparently could not wait:



And, one final, funny, photo:


Imagine, if you will, that the floor is a vertical wall...it looks like she is climbing up a mountain!

1 comment:

the misses of the blisses said...

hilarious! She is so adorable! my faborite it the pic of her completely hiding behind her dress! That is awesome!! I actually was laughing out loud and realized that J is sleeping, so I should be a little bit quiet. Teehee. Thanks for the great pictures!