Monday, June 01, 2009

June Already? Wow!

I can't believe that it is June already! Today I started week two (of four) of my Vietnam War class, the mid-term is on Thursday already! It is kicking my butt big time! There is so much reading to do and between going to the class for three hours a day, coming home, spending time with Jason before he leaves for work/going to work myself and then playing with Amelia til bedtime, I can't keep up! By the time I get myself some dinner and a shower it is already nine o'clock or later and I am tired and ready for bed, but I always read, always (I don't always finish the assigned pages, but I read every day).

This afternoon Amelia and I dropped Jason off at work and headed home to get ready for a run. The weather predicted rain, then this morning/early afternoon it was almost 80 and then by the time we brought Jason to work it was 60 and cloudy! We got out of the house as fast as we could and went for a short run, and then walked the rest of the way today. We stopped by Honeypie to drop off Jason's phone since he forgot it! I forgot to grab her a hat, the cat kept escaping and I was tired of that, so I "fashioned" her a something out of a recieving blanket:


Amelia was being a weirdo today when she was on the floor in her Boppy. She kept pushing with her legs until she went over the top of the pillow and was looking at the world upside down. Even then she kept pushing, but couldn't get anywhere.


Amelia is looking so much older every day!



Amelia is rolling to her side more and more all the time. When she is laying on her back (usually during breaks from tummytime) she rolls to a side and just kind of hangs out on her side. Won't be long and she will be rolling from back to front as well!


And now for a funny face, as is becoming a tradition since she makes so many great faces!


Lastly, for anyone that is used to talking with me via phone on a regular basis, during the week I may be hard to reach. I like to take some of my time to update on here once Amelia is asleep, and then it is time to eat dinner and study, study, study. I am behind in my class and can't afford to get any farther behind, especially since it is so short to begin with! So, I will do my best to be available on the weekend nights to talk/return phone calls, but no guarantees. This class is seriously more work than any other summer class I have ever taken (and I have taken summer classes many summers). It is also material that is hard for me to grasp, kind of. It is very complex and there are often no "right" answers. Feel free to e-mail me if you want and I can probably reply, phone calls just get so long sometimes and I lose track of time and it is midnight before I know it, so I am going to abstain from the phone for the most part for a while.

No comments: