Saturday, October 31, 2009

Amelia's First Halloween

Happy Halloween!

Amelia was a mouse this year. We originally got the mouse outfit to try and take a picture of her in it with her three cats. We decided to just make that her costume this year instead of spending even more money on another one. Plus, given that Halloween fell on a Saturday this year we don't even get any family time. Jason left for work this morning just before 6:00 a.m. and will get home by 3:30 p.m. to drive me to work. I start at 4:15 p.m. and will get off around 1:00 a.m. I am just thankful I do not have to close tonight! Halloween Rocky Horror Picture Show (RHPS) is insane and the closers will be there until around 4:00 a.m.

Amelia wore her costume to the laundromat yesterday:


She had some fun in her hamper too:



We seem to have misplaced her mouse tail (it velcroes) :( I KNOW it is around here somewhere because I am almost positive that I saw it this morning but now it is nowhere to be found...hhmmm.

Today I tried to get some more pictures of her in her costume (and bib) but she wasn't too interested. This is what I got:






As for the cats...their costumes are still in the basement, so no dressing up for them this year. I'm sure they are crushed. Here they are in their costumes last year though (they would have been these same things this year b/c we buy their costumes on 75% off clearance after Halloween)

Lucky the Mermaid:


Ludo the Pumpkin:


Poopy with Spikes (dino-poopy maybe? punk poopy?):


Jason is somewhat excited to pick me up from work tonight and see some of the RHPS crazies. The Halloween show really is far more ridiculous than the monthly ones (every second Saturday).

Oh yeah, one more thing, since it is Halloween and all. A few friends ask me about ghost stories from the Oriental Theatre (my work). I guess a "paranormal investigator" came to the theatre this month and she did whatever it is she does and her conclusions are...the place IS haunted. She says that the upstairs bathroom and the stairs in the balcony are haunted.

She said she heard a noise that sounded like someone dragging their gimp leg as they walked, banging (which you hear in most old builings anyways), a voice saying "get out" etc.

Now, she was there with only the manager, who was in the office. She heard noises from the upstairs bathroom and went to check it out and when she got in there the entire room smelled very heavily of perfume/deoderant.

As for the "voice"...we were in the process of remodeling (again) and she thinks that it was upseting the ghosts? I guess it fits. It's not the first time they've remodeled though so I wonder if anyone heard that "voice" when they remodeled in the past?

Lastly, someone did die in the balcony ages ago. He was a projectionist and he had a heart attack up there. Did the "investigator" know of this death and that is why she came to her conclusion? Hard to say...

Either way, I was a little freaked out cleaning the theatres alone yesterday evening. When I was in the main house a woman was the last to leave and she came aroudn the corner and scared the crap out of me. I jumped and dropped my broom, seriously. The main house freaks me out sometimes. Actually the whole place freaks me out sometimes, especially after hearing ghost stories. She and I had a nice talk though. She kept me company while I swept. I appreciated it because I am a scaredy cat sometimes :)

No comments: