Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Adventures in Baby Food: Avacado

My sister visited over the weekend and asked if we could make baby food, so we did! First we made avacados. I decided I wanted to give Amelia avacados as a baby because they are full of so many nutrients and good things for her. We started out with 5 avacados:


I cut them in half and scooped them clean:


Once I had filled the food processor with avacado, I added a little water and lemon juice (lemon juice to help keep them green (not brown)) and pureed them. They turned out nice and thick and smooth:


I got more out of those 5 avacados than I thought I was going to, so that was a nice suprise!


I love the color of these:


Amelia will get her first taste of these this weekend! I hope she likes them :)

1 comment:

the misses of the blisses said...

Great idea! I just read a few weeks ago how good avacado's are for babies. They are very nutritious and full of good fats for babies! Im impressed!