Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Our Last Day in Milwaukee

Today was our last full day in Milwaukee. It rained. The entire day. Our U-Haul arrived, in the rain.


Jason and his friends, Ben and Ben, carried nearly everything we own down to the U-Haul. Our beds, our kitchen wares, our tables, our chairs, our boxes upon boxes of books and DVDs and our futon frame.


Tonight we are sleeping on the futon mattress on the floor:


Around ten p.m. Jason and I finally snapped on each other and had a fight. We are both stressed out and he is really sick, so going in and out of the rain all day didn't help him at all. Things are fine now. It was stupid but I am shocked we made it all day without an argument but we did.

Jason and the boys are asleep already and I am trying my best to round up all the odd and ends and get them into one box that I can label "junk", even though most of it is not really "junk" - just miscellaneous, small items that accumulate.


Tomorrow is going to be a huge day for us. Before we leave I have to run our modem to Southridge (some mall south of here that I have never been to or even driven by) so I can cancel our cable/Internet service, I have recycling to bring to Whole Foods (they recycle things the city doesn't and we utilize that service), another car load to drop at Goodwill and the red collection boxes for the local women's shelter, clean the apartment up and two cars to load with clothes, toys, cats and Amelia!

Goodbye, Milwaukee. Hello, St. Croix River Valley.

1 comment:

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

How can moving be-- at the same time-- so stressful AND so exhilarating? Best of luck to ya'll in your new city!

~Elizabeth