Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Dell Studio 15

Well, the time finally came...I bought a new computer. My first computer, a Dell Inspiron, was great. Awesome really. I never had a single problem with it, ever, in nearly 5 years. A couple of nights ago the hinge on the right side got all messed up and really messed things up. Every time you opened and closed the computer you would here things cracking and the right side would bow up pretty bad. We tried going to a computer repair place here in MKE, but they said they couldn't fix it :( We then went to Brookfield to visit a Dell store...only to find out that it was no longer there! Apparently Dell no longer has stores, just 800 numbers and online stuff. We decided, after a lot of discussion, that it did not seem worth it to send it in to Dell and have them charge us an arm and a leg to fix a minor problem. This could be just the start of many costly repairs...the computer had had a good, long life...So, we went to Best Buy and I am now the owner of a Dell Studio 15:


This is what it looks like, although mine is in the "midnight blue" color, which is not pictured here. Pretty sleek looking. It is a little too fancy for me...I didn't even know where the power button was... It even has a facial recognition program that I can use instead of a password to get into my computer! Pretty fancy stuff I must say. Thank goodness Best Buy is giving us 18 months to get this sucker paid off, interest free!

I will miss my old computer. My parents got it for me when I started college and I must say, what an excellent choice they made. I never had a single problem with it and I used it every single day, for many hours! Hopefully this Dell can live up to the standard that my first one set.

Amelia behaved EXCELLENTLY while we were out today...and we were gone for almost 8 hours! It was a long day for her. She ate out of bottle most of the day and WOW, what a little piggy! She had about 5 ounces at 3pm and then 6 when we got home around 7 and she just ate a little more. I decided that she was ready for bed and put her in her room and she is sleeping like an angel now! We didn't take any pictures of her today, but it was her first visit to the mall!

No comments: