Monday, February 27, 2012

First Day of School


Amelia had her first day of Pre-K speech today! She "graduated" from the county's Birth to 3 program last week which basically means she turned three and now she moves into the school district's speech program! I am going to miss her speech therapist, Lisa, who has been coming to our apartment once a week since November to work with Amelia. She has progressed so much in the short time we worked with Lisa and we are so thankful!

I had to work so Jason and Joe dropped Amelia off today. She went with the teacher very willingly Jason said.


She will go two days a week for an hour and a half. Right now we (well, Jason since I am at work!) are driving her but we will eventually sign her up for pick-up and drop-off by the school's transportation service. For the time being we just want her to get used to going to school before we throw in the van ride with someone she is unfamiliar with as well as other children she doesn't know!

This is the first craft she made at school :) I'm not sure how much of it she actually did but I don't care - I love it! From the things Amelia brought home I figured out today they worked on "K." This is the "K" caterpillar and it has little images of "c" and "k" words. I'm glad that the first day they worked on a sound that Amelia knows well. Hopefully it made her feel confident and helped her enjoy the activities more :)


Bedtime didn't go super smoothly tonight. Amelia came to her gate a few times while I was nursing Joe to sleep and once I had him down I went to shut her door and found her passed out on the floor by the gate. I moved her to her bed and covered her with her favorite blanket.


I can't believe what a big girl she is becoming!

No comments: