Thursday, February 16, 2012

4 Months

On Monday, Joey turned four months old! We went to the doctor for his appointment on Valentine's Day and he looks great! He is 18 pounds 5 ounces (95th percentile) and 28 inches (100th percentile.) Basically, he is huge! I have taken to lovingly calling him "Fat Joe." I can't help it! He is just a little chunky guy and it's so, so cute :)

Last week he officially moved into size 6-9/9 month clothing and it fits perfectly. It's only a matter of time before we have to move into 12 month clothing! He is also less than four pounds away from the weight limit on his infant carrier so he will be making the switch to a rear-facing convertible seat much, much earlier than his sister did. In fact, I'm thinking it will take him half the time it took her. She switched around 10 or 11 months old and I am thinking by 5 months with him we will be switching!

At around three months he rolled over for the first time - from front to back. Since then he has only done it a handful of times. I told the doctor this and she joked, "I wouldn't want to do it often either if I were him. He has a lot to move!" The important thing is that he can do it. Even if he chooses not to often...

We are still going strong breastfeeding and it has created quite the little mama's boy. When I am around he needs to be with me or near me. If I don't go see him upon getting home from work he starts to whine. Jason says he is basically fine all day but when I get home if I don't go to him the whining starts. And it continues throughout the night. It really tests my patience most nights but we make it through!

We love our little Joe! He has been a much more challenging baby for us than Amelia was but that's ok! I think we got by too easy with her ;)

No comments: