Saturday, May 29, 2010

Simplifying

I have been working really hard the past few weeks at getting rid of things. Finding things that we don't use, things I forgot we had, clothes that don't fit. You get the idea. I want to clear out clutter now instead of when we get home and eventually have to unpack. I would rather not move things that are not necessary in our lives! That means more time packing, more boxes, more carrying and more importantly more to unpack when we move into a new place this summer! This afternoon I dropped off a trunk full at Goodwill.


I am amazed at how much stuff we have accumulated. I bet there is still more we can part with too. I am enjoying this bout of "spring cleaning" that we are getting done in preparation for our move! Some things it has been hard to part with, like that last pair of pre-pregnancy pants I was holding onto for a reason unknown even to me. Other things, like trinkets from high school, were a little easier to part with.

Packing is coming alone nicely. Only a week and a half left!

No comments: