Wednesday, March 03, 2010

One Year Check-Up


This morning, bright and early, I took Amelia to her one year check-up! It is still hard to believe that a year has gone by already. Today she weighed in at 21 pounds and 2 ounces (50th percentile) and was 30.5 inches tall (75th percentile). She is following her growth curves perefctly, which is great!

She had two shots, chicken pox and MMR, in her arms. This was the first time she has had shots in her arms and I was a wreck. It was the first time that I cried when she was getting shots (usually I laugh, because she is so mad for such a short time and then is fine). Today she was a wreck. They drew blood to check for lead exposure and to re-check her iron levels so she was already screaming when it came time for the shots. Then the shots came. It was awful. I felt so terrible for her. I had to bribr her with yogurt melts to stop crying and as soon as the flow of food stopped, the crying started again. We took forever to get ready to leave the room!

On to other news...


What is Amelia so excited about? This:


(he hates when I take cheesy pictures of him and usually refuses to smile)

Her daddy is on the front page of the Bay View Compass from the Winter Blast two weekends ago! Here is a link to the online version of the story.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jen12685 said...

I think she should be able to decide that for herself.
Your girl is growing up beautifully Shelley!!!